16 Years + Education Visits
Tudor History Experience Day
A unique opportunity to immerse students in the Tudor world
See thousands of real artefacts all dating from 1545 during your museum visit. Dr David Starkey calls it “England’s Pompeii” – one moment in time preserved for ever.
- a conflicting evidence case study
- a short talk on the intriguing evidence of religious practice from the Mary Rose
- real and replica artefact handling with opportunities to dress up
- careers in heritage/museums (by arrangement)
Business Studies/Events Management/ Leisure Travel and Tourism Experience Day
Multi-award winning Mary Rose Museum
Meet the Museum Management Team and put key areas of business in context. Topics offered include: operational issues; customer service; marketing; organisation; personnel; running events and managing change (by arrangement).
- Introductory Talk: Running a Museum Business
- Structured museum visit investigating key areas of interest
- Workshop session including practical activities
Critical Thinking Experience Day
What sank the Mary Rose?
Supports IB Theory of Knowledge and A Level Arts and Sciences.
Encourage critical Thinking in Post 16 learning. A challenging interdisciplinary day involving History, Science and Archaeology.
Workshop sessions on the sinking of the Mary Rose involve:
- Examining conflicting evidence
- Setting, testing and defending hypotheses
- Group presentations