Teaching the Tudors:
Objects, Power and Belief
Monday 18 June 2018, 10.30-15.00
One day CPD event at The Mary Rose, Portsmouth
A unique opportunity for A-level and IB teachers to:
● Explore the latest research
● Enrich your teaching
● Network with other teachers
You are warmly invited to a CPD event hosted and organised by the Mary Rose Learning Team. This offers A-level/IB teachers a chance to discover recent approaches to Tudor History (Henry VIII) by current academics, and to explore the potential of material culture as a fruitful way in to thinking about Tudor History.
The unique collection of the award winning Mary Rose Museum will form the basis of discussion of how this rich raw material assemblage could enrich teaching Tudor elements of the A-level syllabi.
● Hear from Dr Katy Gibbons, Senior Lecturer & Admissions Tutor at the University of Portsmouth about the latest trends in Tudor historiography (Henry VIII)
● Gain hands-on experience with unique Tudor objects
● Share best practice with fellow teachers
● Hear from a current University student about making the transition from A-levels to University–level study
£75 including VAT (lunch, museum entry and guide book included).
£130 for two people from the same organisation.
Places are limited, so please book ASAP by contacting email@example.com
Deadline 25 May 2018.